Museums search

Search again for museums

The Suter Art Gallery Te Aratoi o Whakatū is the public art gallery for the Nelson region. Established in 1899 as a memorial to Bishop Andrew Burn Suter, the second Bishop of Nelson, The Suter is the oldest regional art...

Joseph Brain shipbuilder's family home entirely furnished with late owner's possessions. Kauri villa built 1881.

This major New Zealand regional museum holds in trust almost two million collection items of regional, national and international significance. The collections cover a wide range of topics including Canterbury's first pe...

Large Modern Museum with a huge range of artefacts and displays of local history.

Dannevirke, a thriving town in the Tararua District, was originally the centre of a large sawmilling district in the Forty Mile Bush and is situated on the Napier-Wellington Railway, approximately one hundred and twenty ...

The Kauri Museum is located approximately 90 minutes drive north of Auckland, in the rural backdrop of Matakohe. With truly stunning collections The Kauri Museum offers something that is like no other, and will amaze all...

THE HUIA SETTLERS MUSEUM was opened in 1984 and is owned and operated by the local community. This museum, in a scenic location, features primarily the settler farming history of Huia, Cornwallis, Parau, Laingholm, Whati...

An indoor/outdoor museum of natural and human history, taonga Māori, live flora and fauna, historic buildings. Set on a sub tropical bush-clad 25 hectare park including a nocturnal Kiwi house, 1886 "Glorat" the Clarke fa...

The home of this rural museum is an authentically furnished farm homestead and worker's cottage circa 1900, which is the site of the headquarters of the Matamata Estate (1865-1904) founded by J C Firth. Photography: Eli...

Set in ten acres, and representative of a Taranaki Pioneer Village from 1850 to 1950, complete with village green and lake. It comprises 40+ authentic, mostly original, buildings, several being pre-1900. All are furnishe...

Visit a reproduction of an 18th century Maori fishing village built in the traditional way using native materials. Explanatory noticeboards feature on each building and all plants are labelled with notes describing medic...

In 1958, concern was being expressed that some older tractors were being collected and taken out of the West Otago area. Mr Murray Rodger and Mr Bill Thomson called a meeting in the Kelso Hall in February 1958 to discu...

Map