1956 BMW R60 ; BMW; 1956; CMM94
1956 BMW R60About this object
In 1955, BMW introduced a new chassis, the 245/1, that featured a swinging arm rear suspension with the driveshaft enclosed within the right-hand arm, and Earles front forks.
The R60 is regarded by many as a very important model that re-established BMW’s reputation as a manufacturer of sophisticated, high-quality, reliable motorcycles. This example was fully restored by Jeff Moore BMW Restorations of Corona, California, in 2008. It was acquired for the NZ Classic Motorcycles collection in Nelson, NZ, that same year. It was then acquired by Transport World for the Classic Motorcycle Mecca collection in May 2016.