Hotel Cromwell plate; Dunn Bennett & Co. Ltd.; Unknown; CR1986.060.1

Name/Title

Hotel Cromwell plate

About this object

Round, cream plate with gold and red lines on circumference. Red circular logo with Hotel Cromwell written under the logo. Cromwell Hotel operated in the very early days of the establishment of the town. The name was changed to Dawson's Hotel in 1899 and re-named Hotel Cromwell in later years. The hotel finally closed in June 1986 and was demolished later that year due to the filling of Lake Dunstan.

Maker

Dunn Bennett & Co. Ltd.

Maker Role

Manufacturer

Date Made

Unknown

Place Made

United Kingdom, England, Burslem

Medium and Materials

China

Inscription and Marks

Scoular (inside a frame), Dunedin
A crown under which is
Dunn Bennett & Co Ltd.
Burslem
Made in England

Measurements

H 150mm x Dia 165mm

Subject and Association Keywords

Hotels

Subject and Association Keywords

Tableware

Named Collection

From the collection of the Cromwell Museum

Object Type

Tableware

Object number

CR1986.060.1

Rights

All rights reserved

This object is from
Share