Photograph [Mataura School]; unknown photographer; 1890-1910s; MT2011.185.25
Photograph [Mataura School]About this object
A black and white photograph of the Mataura Primary School c.1890-1910 a wooden building on its second site on the corner of Kana Street and Crawford Road.
The first school was at the intersection of Bridge and Kana Streets from 1874 to 1878 (where the old BNZ building now sits). It then moved to the above site (where the Mataura Presbyterian Church now sits). After a fire in 1921 the school moved to its present site in Oakland Street and officially opened on 10 October 1924.
h 110mm x w 125mm
photograph, black and whiteObject Type
processed material, paperCredit Line
From the collection of the Mataura and Districts Historical Society IncorporatedObject number