Pill Box; unknown maker; 1912-1946; MT1994.115
Pill BoxAbout this object
Pill box; a small round cardboard medication pill box used by local chemist and druggist J.S. Corbet. Corbet's store was located on the south side of Bridge Street, a few doors west of the Bridge Street/River Street corner. He owned the business from at least 1912 until 1946. On page 229 of the Society's book 'Mataura: City of the Falls' is a copy of a prescription dispensed by Corbet in 1918 and written by Dr. W. McAra, a doctor practising in Gore - the prescription includes a "1/2 dozen small bottles of stout"!Maker
processed material, paper, cardboardInscription and Marks
printed on lid: 'J. S. CORBET / CHEMIST & DRUGGIST / MATAURA'
handwritten instructions on lid: 'The Pills / one night and / morning / Mrs Folster'
h 15mm x dia 43mm
From the collection of the Mataura and Districts Historical Society Incorporated.Object Type