Plate, Otautau Catholic Church; Unknown Photographer; 1905; OT.2015.10.1
Plate, Otautau Catholic ChurchAbout this object
This is a photograph, probably taken in 1905, is of the newly constructed Otautau St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church. Prior to its construction the Catholic parishioners of Otautau would have had to travel to Riverton to hear Mass.
The Church was built on Main Street by local builder Joseph Swap in 1904 with the official opening taking place on the 9th March 1905.
With greater leisure time and ease of travel photographic images of local landmarks and events became popular on souvenirs.
(Copyright status relates to the photos shown here, not the object itself)
inorganic, processed material, glass
organic, vegetal, fibre, processed material, cotton (?)
inorganic, processed material, pigment, synthetic pigment
Printed under the church: 'Roman Catholic Church Otautau N.Z.'
Sticker on back of plate: '2015.10.1'
h 150 mm x w 155 mm x d 5 mmSubject and Association Keywords