Installation of Hollerith Machine, 1948
Installation of Hollerith Machine, 1948About this object
Hollerith rolling-total tabulator equipment was installed in the Chief Accountant’s Department in 1948 for punched card control of government stock payments. The Hollerith machine was referred to as the “Chicago Piano”. The man in the white coat is the Hollerith technician sent out to set up the machine.Copyright Licence
This object is from
Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.