Whanganui Collegiate School Museum
The Whanganui Collegiate School was founded in 1854 and has over 166 years of colourful history, much of which is preserved in this Museum for the enjoyment of the community.
The collection consists of papers, plans, documents, cups and trophies, minute books, memorabilia, uniforms, programmes photos and DVDs of drama and musical productions, sporting records, Old Boys' war records, newspaper clippings and many wonderful photographs.
All record the evolution and progress of Wanganui Collegiate School from the very early days of the 'First School' established in 1854, to the 'Old School' (1870-1910) through to the 'New School' on the present site from 1911 to today.
A full collection of the School magazine, the 'Collegian', from the first issue in 1883 to the present day gives a great insight into the life and times at the School and Whanganui.
PLEASE NOTE: At this stage only a fraction of our collection has been uploaded to EHive - A work in progress
WCS Museum Trust, c/o Whanganui Collegiate School, Private Bag 3002, Whanganui 4540
0274 812 324. (Contact details for WCS Museum Trust Chairman, Richard Bourne)
The WCS Musuem is administered by a registered Charitable Trust and staffed by volunteers.
Whanganui Collegiate School, Liverpool Street, Whanganui
Open during School hours, on all major School weekends, and at other times by prior arrangement by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0274 812 324 Richard (Wal) Bourne.
Free, although donations or purchase of memorabila gratefully appreciated.