School records [Waihopo Public School]; unknown; 1908-1965; 2004.46.4 to .13
School records [Waihopo Public School]About this object
One red bound Register Book 1908-1965
Four Red bound Minute Books: 1909-1922, 1923-1930, 1931-1939, 1940-1961
Two A4 Alphabetical photocopies of Index Books
One A5 Photocopy of Register Book
Two A3 Photocopies of Register Books: 1908-1939, 1940-1965
The Waihopo school opened in 1896. In January 1909 the boundary between the Waihopo and Houhora schools districts was proposed as "from Sangsters Creek to Boar Corner."
It first operated as a half time school with Houhora and started full time in 1900.
The school closed in 1965, the remainder of the pupils attending Pukenui school.
Processed material, paper,
Processed material, cardboard
medium and large
Te Ahu Heritage MuseumObject number
2004.46.4 to .13Copyright Licence
This object is from
Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.