'Hallys House' - Kay Walsh; 1055

Name/Title

'Hallys House' - Kay Walsh

About this object

"Kay Walsh went from primary school to the Canterbury Arts College and was first ‘hung’ in 1966 at the Academy of Fine Arts in Wellington. She initially painted in oils but in Cambridge she became best known for her water colours, and character buildings in particular.
Kay won many awards for her paintings and became Patron of the Cambridge Community Art Council in 1987. She held her last exhibition in 1996 at age 80 and in 2003 - the year she died - Kay won the top prize for watercolours at the Waihi Summer Art Festival.
This painting of the Hally House is a typical example of Kay Walsh’s love of old buildings. Built circa 1880, it was demolished to make way for a car park in 1966."

Object Type

Painting

Object number

1055

Copyright Licence  

All rights reserved

This object is from
Share