Third Waimate Post Office; Frank Duncan & Co. Auckland; P1255
Third Waimate Post OfficeAbout this object
Situated in Queen Street and opened in 1910, this Post Office superseded the first Post Office (1870) and the second (1892). The clock and chimes of this Third Post Office were set in motion in 1912 by the Prime Minister the Hon. Thomas Mackenzie and were erected to commemorate the Coronation of King George V in 1911. The first post office was built of totara and is now a private residence in Mill Road. The Waimate Museum's Pavilion building contains a small post office shop displaying various old post office items.Place Made
Waimate Post OfficeObject Type
Photograph CollectionCredit Line
This object is from
Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.