Plough, Beange; Messrs G. Sellar and Son Ltd; 1850-1860; WY.0000.1332
Plough, BeangeAbout this object
This is a Messrs G. Sellars & Son Ltd plough which Alexander and Christina Beange brought with them when they immigrated to New Zealand in 1860. Prior to this, it would have been used on the 20 acre farm of Charles Beange at Balnamoon, Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
Alexander first used the plough in New Zealand at Taieri, and then at Mimihau after the Beange's shifted there in 1867. The plough is believed to be the first plough used on the Mokoreta 500 (land settlement now known as Mimihau).
inorganic, processed material, metal, ironMeasurements
h mm x w mm x d mmSubject and Association Keywords
This object is from
Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.