Altarcloth, St Mary's Anglican Church; Unknown maker; 1970-1980; WY.2007.29.10
Altarcloth, St Mary's Anglican ChurchAbout this object
This white linen altarcloth came from St Mary's Anglican Church, Wyndham.
About St Mary's:
The original St Mary's was built 1893. Prior to this, services had taken place in the Odd Fellows Hall. Until the 1940s, the average length of the appointment of vicars rarely exceeded three years, and were often of a shorter duration. However, a strong core group of parishioners also assisted, and in 1949 this group formed the New Church Building Fund. The foundation stone for the new church was laid in March 1967.
In 2009 the Anglican Church closed, and since then the building has been converted into a home. Several items were donated to the Wyndham Museum with the hope that people would not forget there had once been an Anglican church in Wyndham.
Needle workerDate Made
organic, processed material, vegetal, flax, linen
rganic, processed material, vegetal, cotton
h 2400 mm x w 750 mmSubject and Association Keywords
This object is from
Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.