Veterinary Equipment, Unidentified; Unknown manufacturer; 1940-2000; WY.0000.121...
Veterinary Equipment, UnidentifiedAbout this object
This is an unidentified piece of veterinary equipment.
In the late 1940s, Bill Pierson Snr provided veterinary services for the Lower Mataura Valley. Based at Gore, Bill’s service area extended all the way to Oamaru, which meant he was often away when needed. Lower Mataura locals knew they needed more availability of service, and so in 1951 they formed a Vet Club. Membership fees allowed for the salary of one vet and a clinic. Over the years, the Club employed world class vets, including Brian Mason. By 2001, the Edendale Vet Club, and its satellite centre at Kennington, employed 11 vets and a staff of 30. In 2002, the Club was sold into private ownership. At this time, they had 500 members and 2000 clients. The Club continues to operate under private ownership, located on Sweeney Road in Edendale – the street having been named after the first vet the Club employed, Edward (Ted) Sweeney.
inorganic, processed material, metal, steelMeasurements
l 540 mm x w 100 mmSubject and Association Keywords
This object is from
Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.