Pew, St Mary's Anglican Church; Unknown manufacturer; Unknown; WY.2007.29.3
Pew, St Mary's Anglican ChurchAbout this object
This is a pew and cushion from St Mary's Anglican Church, Wyndham.
About St Mary's:
The original St Mary's was built 1893. Prior to this, services had taken place in the Odd Fellow Hall. A vestry wasn't built until 1912, and not long after this a stable for the Vicar's horse was also erected. Until the 1940s, the average length of an appointment of vicars rarely exceeded three years and was often of shorter duration. in 1949, a core group formed the New Church Building Fund, and the foundation stone for the new church was laid in March 1967.
In 2009, the Anglican Church closed, and since then the building has been converted into a home for the local Evangelical Church pastor.
organic, processed material, vegetal, wood
organic, processed material, vegetal, fibre, cotton
inorganic, processed material, metal, brass
inorganic, processed material, synthetic, plastic, vinyl
See partsSubject and Association Keywords
This object is from
Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.