Mortar, Cream Ceramic; Unknown manufacturer; 1900-1950; WY.1996.59.36
Mortar, Cream CeramicAbout this object
This is a heavy cream coloured ceramic mortar which was used to grind medication in the old Wyndham pharmacy.
It is part of a large collection of chemist's equipment which came from the old Wyndham pharmacy in Balaclava Street. This was the United Friendly Society Dispensary, known as the UFS.
inorganic, processed material, ceramicInscription and Marks
Handwritten in black ink on base: 'WY 96 59'.Measurements
h 110 mm x dia 175 mmSubject and Association Keywords
This object is from
Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.