Fire Engine; 5.2011
Fire EngineAbout this object
1924 Model T Ford Fire Engine
The chassis was purchased by the Woodville Borough Council and in July 1925 the Fire Brigade called for prices to build a body on the chassis. The Model T was in use from 1925 until 1947. Peter Nightingale, a former farmer in Maharahara, restored the Fire engine from parts discovered far and wide and the completed restored vehicle was handed over to the museum in 1979.
This object is from
Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.