KeyAbout this object
Key; the original Ophir Post Office front door key; made from metal with a double perforated handle.
Ophir Post Office was built in 1886, replacing a smaller operation in Ophir, to serve Ophir and surrounding districts. It was taken over by the New Zealand Historic Places Trust in 1976 and restored. It still operates postal services for three hours each weekday morning.
For more information about Ophir Post Office, which is cared for by the New Zealand Historic Places Trust Pouhere Taonga, visit our website.
Collection of Ophir Post Office, New Zealand Historic Places Trust Pouhere TaongaObject Type
This object is from
Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.