Mangawhai Church; 18-171
Mangawhai ChurchAbout this object
Mangawai Anglican Church.
Life began in 1885 for this building as the Mangawai Beach School until a new school opened in 1957, and the school was transformed into the Anglican Church. It served the community as a church for 47 years until a new, modern building was errected in 2014 on adjacent land. The old building has been moved on to land (2016) near the Museum on Molesworth Drive to become part of the planned Historic Village.