St Michael Church Plans; 593

Name/Title

St Michael Church Plans

About this object

Building plans of the first church built in the area of Hakaru. Tilted 'Schoolroom / Chapel' it was built in 1861 and opened by Bishop Selwyn. Coroner John Henry Ryan b1851 d1928 drew up the plans. Rev. John Tutin was the minister. The church was moved from Hakaru to Huketere in 1939. Now called "St Michael's on the Hill". The plans are in a poor condition.

Measurements

L 40cm W 32 cm

Object Type

Document

Object number

593

Copyright Licence  

All rights reserved