Waiteitei School; 19-95
Waiteitei SchoolAbout this object
The Waiteitei settlers were mostly returned soldiers from WW1. The Waiteitei School was established on land donated by Jimmy Parker. The school opened in 1920 with about 12 children and gradually grew with the area.
Hugh William Logue b. c. 1915 d. ? known as Bill, is the tall boy at back with hat.
This item is part of a large collection from Bev Ross which includes numerous photos, historical books and research material covering early settler family life in the Mangawai and surrounding areas.