Bishop's Peninsula - Maori Pa; John GULLY; 10

Name/Title

Bishop's Peninsula - Maori Pa

About this object

A watercolour landscape of Bishop Peninsula, which is located within an estuary at Delaware Bay, north east of Nelson. The peninsula is located in the midground, covered with trees, as seen from a position on the mainland above Maori Pa Road. The estuary is partially full and a path follows the waters edge from the grassy left foreground until it disappears into a stand of trees in the midground.

Maker

John GULLY

Medium and Materials

Watercolour on paper

Place Made

Nelson

Subject and Association Keywords

Landscapes/Regional landscapes/Nelson landscapes

Subject and Association Keywords

Sea

Subject and Association Keywords

Flora/Tree

Subject and Association Keywords

New Zealand/South Island/Nelson/Delaware Bay

Credit Line

The Bishop Suter Art Gallery Founding Donation, gifted by Mrs Amelia Suter in memory of her husband Bishop Andrew Burn Suter in 1895

Object Type

Painting

Object number

10

Copyright Licence  

All rights reserved

This object is from
Tags

Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.

Share