Owhango and Howick Beach; 1904-1910; 2016.107.013c
Owhango and Howick BeachAbout this object
2 photographs printed together. Top - A boy and girl standing on the road outside "Owhanga", the home of the Windross family in Cook St, Howick. Shows the house in earlier times, probably late Victorian. Built by Rev. Bowler "Kohimarama". At a later period, it was the Howick Borough Council Offices. Then, shifted to Cockle Bay and used as a Kiosk, and now the Windross House restaurant, 41 Shelly Beach Parade, Cockle Bay. Owhanga is also spelt Awhanga, Owhango and Owanga in different media. Lower - Howick beach in 1904. Showing Uxbridge and Selwyn Roads with Shamrock Cottage. Flat Islandin the distance.Date Made
16 x 12Object Type
This object is from
Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.