HomeObject Detail
History

Truck [1934 Morris Commercial CS13/40]; Nuffield Group; 1934; 2015.174

Truck [1934 Morris Commercial CS13/40]; Nuffield Group; 1934; 2015.174
Name/Title
Truck [1934 Morris Commercial CS13/40]
About this object
Year: 1934
Make: Morris
Model: CS13/40
Serial No: 230C10593
Engine Make: Morris
Engine Type: Side Valve 6
in3: 206
Morris Commercial Cars Ltd, originally located at Soho, and latterly at Adderley Park, Birmingham, was the commercial vehicle division of William Morris’s Nuffield Group. A well-known advertising slogan used during the 1930s was ‘British to the Backbone’. The CS series had a 6 cylinder engine.
This truck was bought new by the Waikato Valley Dairy Company. It was transferred in 1937 to the NZ Co-op Dairy Company and in the same day to the Farmers Dairy Federation Invercargill. It was traded to A. Russell & Co in June 1946 and sold to Christies at Thornbury.

Maker Role
Manufacturer
Date Made
1934
Place Notes
Former Wolseley factory
Subject and Association Keywords
technology, transport, truck
Collection
Bill Richardson Transport World
Credit Line
From the collection of Bill Richardson Transport World
Object number
2015.174

Tags

1930s
Morris Commercial
Transport
Truck


Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.

Copyright Licence Help
All rights reserved
+ Add Comment