HomeMuseum Detail

Hororata Museum

First built in 1864 by Bentley Coton, one of Hororata's original settlers.
First church of England services were held in this cottage before a church was built.
Cottage rebuilt in 1977/78 by the Hororata Historical Society, under the guidance of the NZ Historic Places trust.
Also on the site is a Museum Building which is originally the totalisator from the local Trotting Club.

Collection Type
History


Contact Details
Postal address iconR Dennis, R.D 2 Darfield 7572 (secretary)
Telephone number icon03 318 6876 (secretary)
Email address icongprdennis@gmail.com


Visitor Information
Physical address iconCotons Road, Hororata, Canterbury , New Zealand
Hours of operation icon1:30- 4pm every fine Sunday, Sunday to May.
Charges iconBy donation, school groups free


Facilities
Wheelchair access



-43.54153171.965516