HomeMuseum Detail

Ernest & Marion Davis Library

Account profile image
The Ernest & Marion Davis Library opened in 1961 as the main Medical Library for Auckland Hospital. Sir Ernest Davis had donated the building to the Medical Profession in the memory of his wife Marion. Plus an endowment fund to support the running of the library.
In 1980 the bulk of the books were transferred to the new Philson Library in the School of Medicine. At that time the building was modified to provide Postgraduate facilities which include a Lecture Hall, Dining Room and Meeting Rooms. The remaining space was reorganised to include a collection of Medical Historical books and the acquisition of Historical medical artefacts. This includes twp superb collections of ancient Apothecary Jars, numerous microscopes, instruments, assorted artworks and ephemera.

Collection Type
History


Contact Details
Postal address iconPrivate Bag 92 024, Auckland Hospital, Auckland, 1142, New Zealand
Telephone number icon64 9 379 7440 x 7358
Email address iconemdavislib@xtra.co.nz


Visitor Information
Physical address iconBuilding 43, Auckland Hospital, Park Road, Auckland, 1142, New Zealand, New Zealand
Charges iconThe Library is not open to the public.


Facilities
Reference Library



-36.86046174.7691216