HomeObject Detail
History

The Mangapakeha School ; NZHPT 5405

The Mangapakeha School ; NZHPT 5405
Name/Title
The Mangapakeha School
About this object
The single-teacher Mangapakeha school was opened in 1902 at Mangapakeha, near Gladstone in the Wairarapa.
Closed in 1962, it was relocated to Cobblestones Museum in 1987 and restored for use as a classroom for schools visiting the Museum.
The school is a small rectangular building with gabled roof. It has a single large school room, entered through a small lean-to front cloakroom. The original cast iron stove, used to heat the building, has been removed.

Place Made
Mangapakeha
Object Type
Building
Object number
NZHPT 5405
Copyright Licence Help
All rights reserved
+ Add Comment