HomeObject Detail
History

The Donald Woolshed ; NZHPT 2873

The Donald Woolshed ; NZHPT 2873
Name/Title
The Donald Woolshed
About this object
This building, believed to be the Wairarapa's first purpose shearing shed, was built by Mr William Donald on his farm south of Masterton in 1858. Later relocated to Solway Showgrounds the building was degrading when it was moved to Cobblestones Museum in 1973 by the Greytown Jaycees, and sensitively restored.
Place Made
Masterton, NZ
Object Type
Building
Object number
NZHPT 2873

Results from DigitalNZ

Shows Donald's woolshed, Solway Showgrounds
Donald's woolshed
Wairarapa Archive
While the economic progress of the North Island wa...
Canterbury woolshed
Ministry for Culture and Heritage
Blade shearers shear sheep in an old woolshed. The...
Old woolshed
Ministry for Culture and Heritage
A Swanndri bush shirt, gumboots, and frayed, weath...
Woolshed wear
Ministry for Culture and Heritage
More...
Copyright Licence Help
All rights reserved
+ Add Comment