HomeObject Detail
History

The Hicks Teapot; 184

The Hicks Teapot, 1014
Name/Title
The Hicks Teapot
About this object
This teapot, seen in a shop window advertising tea, was bought in Yorkshire by John and Margaret Allan. The Allans left the London docks in May 1863 in the sailing ship 'Anne Wilson'. They arrived in Auckland at the end of September, during the Waikato Land Wars, and sailed up the Waipa River to Pirongia, which was then called Alexandra.
Place Made
England
Credit Line
Donated by Frances Grace Claridge (nee Hicks)
Object Type
Teapot
Object number
184

Results from DigitalNZ

This large mottled brown teapot made by Milton Pot...
Teapot
Toitū Otago Settlers Museum
Ceramic teapot with blue willow design.
Teapot
Howick Historical Village
Earthenware brown teapot
Teapot
Howick Historical Village
White ceramic teapot with pink roses.
Teapot
Howick Historical Village
A teapot featuring a view of Waitara in the 1920s ...
Teapot
Puke Ariki
More...
Copyright Licence Help
All rights reserved