HomeMuseum Detail

Te Waimate Mission

Account profile image
Te Waimate Mission House, built in 1832, is the only survivor of three mission houses founded in 1830 on behalf of the Church Missionary Society by the Reverend Samuel Marsden with the agreement of local Nga Puhi.

An eighteenth century style English farm was established, with a chapel, school room, water mill and workshops also built.

Te Waimate Mission House was erected as a single-storey dwelling of Georgian design, with an attic floor, verandah and prominent shingled roof.

Collection Type
Historic Site


Contact Details
Postal address icon344 Te Ahuahu Road, RD2, Kaikohe
Telephone number icon64-9-405 9734
Web address iconhttp://www.heritage.org.nz/places/places-to-visit/northland-region/te-waimate-mission
Email address icontewaimate@heritage.org.nz


Visitor Information
Physical address icon344 Te Ahuahu Road, Waimate North, Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Hours of operation iconNovember - April: Daily 10am - 5pm May - October: Sat-Mon 10am - 4pm Closed Christmas Day
Charges icon$10 adults Accompanied children: Free Unaccompanied children: $3.50 Please understand that surcharges may apply at times of special events.


Facilities
ParkingShopGuided TourToilets
Museum brochures / tourist brochures



-35.320957173.8681516