HomeMuseum Detail

Williams House & Garden

Paihia was one of New Zealand's earliest European settlements - Anglican missionaries founded their third mission station at Paihia in 1823. The principal missionary was Reverend Henry Williams. A few material traces of the mission still exist including a humble stone shed situated in the garden of the Williams' house, built by Canon Percy Temple Williams, grandson of Henry Williams. Garden tools and other relics displayed in the shed were left by the Williams family.

Collection Type
Historic Site


Contact Details
Postal address iconPO Box 490, Kerikeri


Visitor Information
Physical address iconWilliams Road, Paihia, Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Hours of operation iconDaily 8am-5pm
Charges iconDonation


Facilities
Wheelchair access
Museum brochures



-35.28298174.0901516