HomeObject Detail
History

Fire Engine; 5.2011

Fire Engine; 5.2011
Name/Title
Fire Engine
About this object
1924 Model T Ford Fire Engine
The chassis was purchased by the Woodville Borough Council and in July 1925 the Fire Brigade called for prices to build a body on the chassis. The Model T was in use from 1925 until 1947. Peter Nightingale, a former farmer in Maharahara, restored the Fire engine from parts discovered far and wide and the completed restored vehicle was handed over to the museum in 1979.

Object number
5.2011

Tags

1924
Fire Engine
Model T
Red


Include tags such as place names, people, dates, events and colours. Use commas to separate multiple tags. e.g. Pablo Picasso, Madrid, red, 1930s.

Results from DigitalNZ

On 14 November 1862 the Dunedin Fire Brigade took ...
Fire engine; Pride of Dunedin
Toitū Otago Settlers Museum
Nineteen children and an unidentified woman on abo...
Fire Engine
Kete Horowhenua
This engine was the Palmerston North Fire Station'...
Fire Engine
Palmerston North Libraries and Community Services
More...
Copyright Licence Help
All rights reserved
+ Add Comment