HomeMuseum Detail

Liffey Cottage

Liffey Cottage, built in 1875, now stands on land donated for the first library (now Pioneer Hall) and moved to Gerald Street in 1900. The Cottage has been restored and furnished as a working man's cottage to a period no later than 1915. The cottage sits next to the United Parish Church (originally Presbyterian and the first in Lincoln) and opposite the primary school (first building c1873).

The Pioner Hall is used to house a small collection of early photographs, and other local material of Lincoln and District, and is close to the site for the first hotel (Perthshire Arms).

Collection Type
History, Historic Site


Contact Details
Postal address iconc/- 13 Liffey Place, Lincoln 8152
Email address iconn.moar@ext.canterbury.ac.nz


Visitor Information
Physical address iconJames Street, Lincoln, New Zealand
Hours of operation iconFirst Sunday of month 2pm-4pm (Liffey Cottage) First Sunday of month Oct-Apr 2pm - 4pm (Pioneer Hall)
Charges iconDonation



-43.637398172.4881916