HomeObject Detail
History

Uniform x 2; 17-109

Uniform x 2; 17-109
Name/Title
Uniform x 2
About this object
Two blue, starched cotton, nurses uniforms, with white collar and sleeve cuffs. On the left front, are white, embroidered letters, K.H denoting Karitane Hospital. They each have large front pockets, with buttoning placates at the back and fasten at the waist with button tabs. The Karitane Hospital Service was set up by Sir Truby King for the care of babies and young children in New Zealand.
Trademark, 'Professional'. Size 36 M. These belonged to Mary Bull, b 1940 who lived on Black Swamp Road, Mangawhai. Both in good condition. c. 1950-1960's.

Measurements
A & B: L 104 cm (neckline to hemline of skirt)
W 38 cm (across bodice)

Object number
17-109

Results from DigitalNZ

WCS was the first School in New Zeland to adopt a ...
Uniform
Wanganui Collegiate School Museum
ASSORTED shoulder straps, hat cords, sash, etc
.1 ...
uniform accessories (x26 items plus)
Auckland War Memorial Museum Tamaki Paenga Hira
A three section leather belt is joined by large st...
Belt, Girl Guides uniform.
Rotorua Museum of Art & History Te Whare Taonga o Te Arawa
Camouflage uniform worn by INTERFET in East Timor ...
uniform, military
Auckland War Memorial Museum Tamaki Paenga Hira
St John's Ambulance Brigade buttons (x4); belonged...
button, uniform
Auckland War Memorial Museum Tamaki Paenga Hira
More...
Copyright Licence Help
All rights reserved